Thursday 20 February 2014

Well it's been slow progress on the blogging front since my first post so thought I'd do an update for y'all.

A couple of weeks ago I had my first meeting in relation to Atlanta. It was pretty informal and basically gave us Brits who are planning to go over this summer, a chance to meet the American's currently here at Northumbria. 
Everyone was lovely and I've chatted to a couple of people that will be going over and they seem great so far!

We got a few bits of info such as where we would be staying, how to choose our module options and visa applications, most of which I will talk about in greater detail, probably in my next couple of posts as I learn more myself! We also got the chance to chat to the American students for a little bit, however I guess us being British and ridiculously reserved we let those guys do most of the talking! 

As part of the exchange the American students go on trips around the local area, two of which we have been invited on in the next couple of months! Unfortunately I can't make the first trip to Grasmere (so close to home!) due to a mock exam and a cheeky Fall Out Boy concert on the same day however I plan to go to the next in May which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully it will give us a better chance to break the ice and get to know each other better!

So far so good!

I can't believe how excited I still am over the whole thing and will let you guys know of any progress!

SJ
x

No comments:

Post a Comment