Sunday 21 December 2014

Welcome to New York

After my 'Big Apple List' back in August it's so nice to look back on my trip to the city and how great it turned out in the end.

The weather was so amazing and meant that we could wander for hours on end, which is one of my favourite things to do in big cities.

After checking into our Hostel which was on the Upper West Side we ventured down to Times Square which was just as amazing as I'd remembered it from last time! Despite the jet lag we made it up to the top of the Empire State building which was the perfect way to start the trip and our time in America.

I also had a fun little surprise when I spotted Jim Chapman on the way up to the top! I'm a huge fan of his and of course Tanya Burrs' vlogs so I thought that was pretty cool.


We did all the typical tourist things whilst we were there like Central Park, Fifth Avenue and The Rockefeller Centre Plaza but by far my favourite was walking over The Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan, closely followed by a wander around Soho.

It's such a beautiful way to see Manhattan from another angle and you can take you're time while doing it. At the middle point hundreds of people signed their names and left love locks and I even left a mark of my own.

A cheeky visit to Broadway was also in order and we managed to snag tickets to 'Bullets Over Broadway' just before it closed and even got to meet Zach Braff who was in the show. He was so lovely and happy to take plenty of selfies with everyone at the stage door which was great!




No comments:

Post a Comment