Monday 28 July 2014

The Big Apple List

So, long time no post. I'm now officially in countdown mode, with just over two weeks before we leave for NYC and I am too excited!

 All my paperwork has been finished and I've finished my summer job, so all that's left to do is pack and plan. So over the past few nights, I've been doing some research and checking out all the things I'm desperate to do/see whilst in NYC for 4 days.

 I feel like the last and first time I went to NYC, I was so overwhelmed and happy to actually be there that I barely saw any of the city itself.

So in an attempt to try and avoid missing out this time, I've compiled a list for the perfect NYC break. Here's hoping I do at least some, if not the majority of these amazing things..

1. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan
I feel like this is one of the top things to do when in New York and I didn't get the chance last time. The idea of heading over from DUMBO to Manhattan, on a beautiful summers day is just perfect, and another way to see the city from a new view point.


2. Cycle round Central Park
Last time I was in NYC, we went rowing on the boating lake which was amazing! Another way I'd love to see and experience the park, is to hire some bikes and cycle round. It's such a huge space that again, I saw very little of it, in the grand scheme of things. This also ties in well with the next point on my list..

3. Picnic in the Park
Okay, maybe not a full blown glorious picnic (as much as I love this idea). Sitting on Sheep Meadow in the sunshine watching the world go by with some snacks.. Heaven. 

4.BROADWAY
Oh my, oh my. I'm a massive theatre geek so this pretty much speaks for itself. *Bursts into elaborately choreographed solo number*
5. Grand Central Station and The Public Library
Two iconic NYC settings that are a must see.

6. Take the Staten Island Ferry
I've heard this is a must and another way to view the spectacular skyline. I can't get enough of those views.

7. Shake Shack
It was inevitable. A food post. Hands down the best hot dogs, burgers, milkshakes and fantastic frozen custard. A caloric feast provided by the God's themselves... too much? #foodielove


8. The Empire State Building
Last but not least, a classic New York must do. As you can tell from this post, I am all about soaking up the beautiful concrete jungle skyline. Last time we opted for the Top of the Rock which was stunning, but I would like to switch it up a bit this time and see it from the ultimate NYC symbol. 

There is my ultimate 'must do' list for NYC this Summer. Fingers crossed I tick them off while I'm there and if anyone has anymore suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them!

SJ
x


No comments:

Post a Comment